Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Absentee

I have been out of commission lately. Looooong (boring) story short, I had emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed. You would think that that kind of thing would lend my the luxury of lying in bed watching movies and blogging like crazy. Well, obviously it didn't work out like that!

Recovering from surgery is no easy feat but I am always amazed at how beautifully strong our bodies were created to be! Not too long after delivering my girls I felt strong and whole again. After this surgery too I am recovering well and feeling stronger. Of course a big difference is that when I delivered the girls they were tiny little things and caring for them was not physically straining. Now they are 20-pound somethings and squirmy and giggly and tickly and much, much tougher on my muscles.

The doctor said that for my recovery I shouldn't lift anything over 10 lbs for 2 weeks. TEN pounds!!!  TWO WEEKS!!!  But...but...my babies....and Levi.... 


As a rather (bordering on stupidly) self-sufficient person this meant calling in favors: something I strongly, adamantly dislike. Now don't get me wrong, I have great friends and wonderful family members who are more than willing to help but I know how busy they all are and I hate to add one more thing to their calendar. However, by doctor's orders I had no choice.

Of course my loving mother and sister were already by my side from the moment I entered the hospital to when I went home and a few days afterward. I (literally) cannot express my gratitude for the blessing of my mom and sister. It is beyond words.

But eventually even they had to return to work and it was time to find other options. Two dear, dear friends of mine gladly came over to help and washed dishes, prepared food, chatted and both of them got down on their hands and knees to wash the floor under the girls' highchairs! Both of them! I was highly appalled that my friends were cleaning my floor and deeply touched at the same time.

I was forced to sit back and count my blessings. Which happen to be numerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment